Sofia is the capital and largest city of Bulgaria. The city has a population of 1.26 million, while over 1.5 million people live in its functional urban area. It is the largest South Slavic city in the world, being slightly more populous than Belgrade. The city is located at the foot of Vitosha Mountain in the western part of the country, within less than 50 kilometres drive from the Serbian border. Its location in the centre of the Balkan peninsula means that it is the midway between the Black Sea and the Adriatic Sea, whereas the Aegean Sea is the closest to it.
Sofia has been an area of human habitation since at least 7000 BC. Being Bulgaria's primate city, Sofia is a hometown of many of the major local universities, cultural institutions and commercial companies. Sofia is one of the top 10 best places for start-up business in the world, especially in IT technologies. Sofia is Europe's most affordable capital to visit as of 2013.
VITOSHA Park Hotel
VITOSHA Park Hotel 4**** is a noted highlight of the modern spirit of Southern Sofia. The location complies with the hotel high-class category and its international business and conference center profile. The Hotel offers a wide range of main and additional services, as well as individual treatment of each guest in five main sections: accommodation, food and beverage, sport and wellness, business events and conferences, personal and business celebrations.
VITOSHA Park Hotel is devoted to providing a pleasant and satisfactory stay of each guest and multiplying the positive effects of this stay in a long-term perspective.
(Official website of the VITOSHA Park Hotel)
1, Rosario Str.,
Sofia 1700, Bulgaria
GPS Coordinates of Vitosha Park Hotel: N42.656679, E23.353198
1. "Advanced Automotive Electronics for Autonomous Driving" - Klaus Wolter, Venky Sundaram, Rao Tummala - Georgia Tech Atlanta, 3D Systems Packaging Research Center
2. "Siemens Innovative Solutions for Electronic and Electrical Systems in the Transport in Bulgaria" – Mihail Margaritov - SIEMENS Bulgaria
3. "Co-Simulation and Modelling for Heterogeneous Integration of High-Tech Electronic Systems" – Chris Bailey - University of Greenwich
4. "A Research Retrospective: Some Lessons Learned" – James E. Morris - Portland State University
5. "Overview of Humidity Driven Reliability Issues of Electronics" – Rajan Ambat - Technical University of Denmark
6. "Old Boys About The Historic Times and Sites of The Spring Seminars" – W.Sauer, P.Mach, Z. Illyefalvi-Vitez, Ph. Philippov, M. Somora, L. Golonka, J. Nicolics, P. Svasta, K. Wolter - Dresden, Prague, Budapest, Sofia, Kosice, Wroclaw, Vienna, Bucharest, Dresden Universities of Technology
7. "Testing Challenges and Requirements for Advanced Industrial Sensor Solutions" – Ivan Ivanov - FESTO Production, Bulgaria
ISSE 2017 Time Schedule
ISSE 2017 Program Overview
ISSE 2017 Detail Program
ISSE 2017 Posters Position Diagram
ISSE steering committee meetings
Friday, 12th May. 16:00h - Visit at National Museum of History
Saturday, 13th May, 15:30h - Sofia City Tour
Participants are invited to attend the Welcome Reception, which will take place at VITOSHA Park Hotel. This event is an excellent opportunity to network, meet old friends and colleagues, and to make new ones as the program begins.
All participants of ISSE 2017 are invited to the Gala Dinner which will be held in VITOSHA Park Hotel on Saturday 13th of May.
ISSE 2017 AWARDS
Best Paper Award for Old Boys
Zsolt Illyefalvi-Vitéz - Old Boys about the Historic Times and Sites of the Spring Seminars
Best Presentation Award
V. Stavrov - Self-sensing Cantilevers with Nano-laminated Dielectric-Metal-Dielectric Resistors
Best Presentation Awards for Young Scientist
L. Wambera - Influence of Flux-Assisted Isothermal Storage on Intermetallic Compounds in Cu/SnAg Microbumps
A. George - Study on the Interdependence of Soldering Profile, Ageing Conditions and Intermetallic Layer Thickness in Large Area Solder Joints and its Influence on Reliability
Excellent Presentation Awards for Young Scientist
M. Lykova - Cu Passivation with Self-assembled Monolayers for Direct Metal Bonding in 3D Integration
J. Macioszczyk - Ceramic Micro APGD Device with Evaporating Liquid Flowing Cathode for Analytical Purposes
Best Poster Award
P. Markowski - Testing of the Thermal Model of Microprocessor
Best Poster Award for Young Scientist
A. Staat - Materials Made of Renewable Resources in Electrical Engineering
Excellent Poster Awards for Young Scientist
M. Hirman - Influence of Flexible Substrate Roughness with Aerosol Jet Printed Pads on the Mechanical Shear Strength of Glued Joints
M. Ahsan - Data-Driven Prognostics for Smart Qualification Testing of Electronic Products
D. Seehase - Material Study for Full-faced Heating Layers, Integrated in Printed Circuit Boards
ISSE 2017 PHOTOS (Download RAR Archives)
(Download links will be valid until: August 1st, 2017)
Boyansko Hanche Restaurant